Recipe by Ck2plz
A nice refreshing salad! The first 6 ingredients are for the dressing.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
What an amazing salad!! I gave up carbs for Lent so have been eating a lot of chicken salads and this one is the best by far!! I made it for just me for lunch so reduced it down. Next time I will make the 12 servings of the dressing and then adjust the rest so I can have the derssing ready in the fridge. Only a couple changes: used green leaf, didn't have romaine lettuce, used walnuts, didn't have pine nuts, left out the red onion, and added a little avocado that needed to be eaten before it went bad. Will definately be making this for DH and myself again! Made for Everyday is a Holiday February 2010.
- 2 oranges
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise (I use regular most of the time..sigh)
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic, glove pressed
- fresh romaine lettuce (2 bags)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced (grilled, roasted, leftover, etc..)
- 1 cup diced celery
- sliced red onion (optional I leave this out)
- 2 medium Red Delicious apples, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing zest oranges to get about 2 teaspoons. Juice oranges to get about a 1/2 cup of juice (orange juice works just fine as well.) Combine zest, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic in bowl. Whisk until smooth. Whisk continuously and add orange juice in a thin, steady stream. Set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients and toss with dressing. (Note: add as much dressing to your liking, the whole batch may be too much for some.).