- 6 cups yams, sliced (fresh or canned)
- 2 cups sliced apples (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen concentrate orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the apples and yams. The melt the margarine adding the brown sugar and orange juice, heating it until it boils and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour this mixture over the apples and yams, and then sprinkle it with chopped walnuts.
- Bake it in a 350-degree oven for 30-45 minutes if you use canned yams and apples and 45-60 minutes if you use fresh ingredients.