Recipe by carolinafan
A delicious blend of carrots, onion and cheese.
Top Review by berry271
This is probably my favorite way to serve carrots. Nothing dazzling, but very comforting. This recipe is from the Taste of Home Cookbook. In the cookbook, it also suggests adding cooked chicken or turkey to make it a main dish. I added 1 lb. ground beef one time and enjoyed that. Recently I substituted 3 slices of bread (cubed) instead of the packaged stuffing mix. It worked well, but if you try it, add some extra seasoning. I didn't and it was a little bland.
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in 3 tablespoons butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, onion, soup, cheese and pepper. Melt remaining butter; toss with stuffing. Fold into carrot mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.