Recipe by Charmie777
This is caramel corn with an holiday twist! It's very addictive! I love making this and putting in small decorative bags and give as gifts to friends and teachers.
Top Review by kristennavar
Be warned...this stuff is addicting!! I have been trying out different caramel corn recipes as a treat for my husband who loves the stuff and he has declared this his new favorite. I was initially disappointed because the sauce does not cover the popcorn but turns out that was what my husband liked about it...he said he wasn't as overpowering sweet as most caramel corn. The taste is great...first bite you taste the caramel flavor then the subtle aftertaste of the spices start to come through--delicious!! This will be made in my house often (especially since my husband ate the entire batch in one sitting!!!) Thanks for sharing a great recipe :)
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the sugar, margarine, corn syrup and salt until firm ball stage.
- Remove from heat and add spices and baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn, stirring well.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet and bake at 250ºF 45-50 minutes stirring every 15 minutes until done.
- (Be careful-burns easily).