Recipe by Theresa P
This looked really good and uses a lot of nice autumn ingredients! It comes from a newsletter in a quilting club I belong to. I have not made this cake yet, but I am planning to very soon!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 3 cups grated raw carrots
- 1 cup peeled grated apple
Brown Butter Frosting
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix in the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in the pecans, raisins, coconut, grated carrots and grated apple.
- Pour into a 9x13 greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes.
- When cake is cool frost with brown butter frosting.
- Frosting: In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Continue to cook until it begins to brown, stirring constantly.
- Be careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the powdered sugar, vamilla and milk a tablespoon at a time until frosting is of desired consistancy.
- Frost cooled cake.