Recipe by Kim127
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
Wow this is really good cake. The flavors combine well. I didn't use the pecans. The apple cider makes this taste like Autumn. I didn't have a bundt pan, so I made this in a 9" springform pan with great results. I love how the outside of the cake is a tad chewier than the inside. The cake still held up well the next day. I made Syndey Mike's Recipe #209673 to go with it and the flavors were AMAZING! Made and reviewed for Bevy Tag 08. Thanks :)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup apple cider (or as much liquid as called for in directions)
- 3 eggs (or as called for in directions)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- whipped cream (optional for time of serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cake mix in bowl.
- Substitute apple cider for whatever the water amount is that the cake box requires.
- Add eggs as required by cake mix.
- Mix well.
- Once batter is moist and mixed well, add pumpkin.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Sprinkle nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon over batter.
- Add remaining batter on top.
- Cook according to mix directions for bundt pan, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.