Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Make and share this Harvest Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cake mix in bowl.
- Substitute apple cider for whatever the water amount is that the cake box requires.
- Add eggs as required by cake mix.
- Mix well.
- Once batter is moist and mixed well, add pumpkin.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Sprinkle nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon over batter.
- Add remaining batter on top.
- Cook according to mix directions for bundt pan, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Wow this is really good cake. The flavors combine well. I didn't use the pecans. The apple cider makes this taste like Autumn. I didn't have a bundt pan, so I made this in a 9" springform pan with great results. I love how the outside of the cake is a tad chewier than the inside. The cake still held up well the next day. I made Syndey Mike's Orange Sauce to go with it and the flavors were AMAZING! Made and reviewed for Bevy Tag 08. Thanks :)
5 plus stars for the ease in which this went together and for the all-over good smell it emoted. I made this for the coffee/cafe I work for as we sell bundt cake by the slice. It's went over in a huge way. I especially love the addition of applecider in place of water. An x-tra little kick. I used a glaze mixture of powdered sugar and a cheese-cake Torani syrup. I love the x-tra crucnh the nut mixture gives this. So moist and yummy. Thanks for a keeper Kim~~ Made for PRMR.
This is a lovely cake Kim. We really enjoyed the soft, moist texture and the unique flavor of this delicious treat, the pecans and cinnamon in the middle were a nice touch. It was quick and easy to make, smelled incredible while baking and tasted even better. Thanks so much for sharing.