1 hr 30 mins
Barb Witherspoon's Note:
Easy, low-fat, low-carb delicious comfort food. Modified version of a recipe from the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and pulp.
- 3Pour 2 cups water into baking dish, and place squash halves into water, cut side down.
- 4Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- 5Set aside to cool.
- 6When squash is cool, cook diced onions in butter over medium heat in large saucepan until onions are softened.
- 7Add chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8Scoop out squash flesh from the skin, and add to onion/broth mixture.
- 9Puree in batches in food processor or blender till smooth.
- 10Return soup to saucepan; cook over medium heat until hot.
- 11Add milk, salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 331.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g