Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Named because I bake them in the fall, with either sweet potato or pumpkin. Yummy taste, and a great way to use up leftover squash or extra pumpkin. Note: if your sweet potatoes are sweet, the biscuits will be sweet. If your potatoes are savory, they'll be savory biscuits (my family's favorite).
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (can be leftover) or 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato (can be leftover)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Stir together butter or margarine and pumpkin or squash till smooth. Stir in milk.
- Add Bisquick and stir to combine. Makes a soft, sticky dough.
- Drop the biscuits about 1" apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or till light brown.
- (I even slightly overbrowned these once, and they still tasted good.).