Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are the best baked apples I've ever had. They are almost like individual apple crisps, and of course they must be served with a good vanilla ice cream!
- 4 large apples, cored (McIntosh or Brayburns are good)
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Cut all ingredients together in a bowl except apples. Place apples in a glass baking dish.
- Stuff each of them as full as you can get them with the oatmeal mixture, sprinkling the remainder over the tops.
- Bake in a 425°F oven for 20 min or till very soft.
- Serve while still warm with vanilla or caramel ice cream.
Have made this twice now. Today I made a double batch (with 10 apples since they were small) and baked at 375 for 40 minutes or so since I had an egg casserole in the oven as well. Easy and so yummy!
they were okay. not as much flavour as i would have liked. next time i'll try adding a bit of honey and some extra lemon juice and a little nutmeg. (lowering the brown sugar and butter, of course) i did like how quick they were. and i did them in my toaster oven for about 30 minutes. thanks!
This was really fast to throw together and it baked while we ate dinner so we could have it right after! I had everything on hand and it was just really really good!