Recipe by startnover
These are the best baked apples I've ever had. They are almost like individual apple crisps, and of course they must be served with a good vanilla ice cream!
Top Review by lucid501
Have made this twice now. Today I made a double batch (with 10 apples since they were small) and baked at 375 for 40 minutes or so since I had an egg casserole in the oven as well. Easy and so yummy!
- 4 large apples, cored (McIntosh or Brayburns are good)
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut all ingredients together in a bowl except apples. Place apples in a glass baking dish.
- Stuff each of them as full as you can get them with the oatmeal mixture, sprinkling the remainder over the tops.
- Bake in a 425°F oven for 20 min or till very soft.
- Serve while still warm with vanilla or caramel ice cream.