- 8 medium baking apples
- 1⁄2 cup cold orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup light cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove cores to within 1/2 inch of bottoms.
- Pierce skins with a sharp knife.
- Place apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine juice, sugar and cinnamon and pour over apples.
- Bake 30-35 mins or til apples are tender basting occasionally.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine cheese, raisins and pecans.
- Spoon evenly into centres of apples.
- Allow to stand 1-2 minutes.