Recipe by Chef mariajane
Old-world tradition meets new-world convenience in this quick and elegant dessert square. Bursting with the flavours of apples, cranberries, creamy cheese filling and a buttery streusel topping. you'll be giving thanks after just one bite!!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (300 ml) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (regular or low-fat)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (540 ml) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine graham crumbs with butter and pecans; press evenly onto parchment paper-lined 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy; beat in Eagle Brand and eggs. Pour over prepared crust. Spoon apple filling cream cheese layer.
- Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven 35-40 minutes or until golden.