Something very different. A great appetizer or even dessert for Thanksgiving.
Make and share this Harvest Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
Harvest Apple Salsa
- 2 medium granny smith apples, chopped
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- For the Cinnamon Chips-------------.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl (I put this mixture in a spice bottle with holes so I could just sprinkle it on).
- Brush tortillas with water.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over both sides of tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake 5- 7 minutes or until golden brown/crisp.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- For the Harvest Apple Salsa-------------.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add walnuts just before serving as it will turn the mixture brown.
- Chill overnight to create more juice.