Recipe by Ealendalie
These delicious cookies are perfect for autumn and are scrumptious when they are warm and soft just after making. This recipe is also vegan so its healthier too! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups apple cinnamon Cheerios, crushed to 1 and 1/4 cups
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup apple butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Beat vegan margarine, 1/2 cups sugar and brown sugar in a bowl until creamy, add 1/4 cup applesauce; mix well. Stir in flour and baking soda. Add cereal, stirring until well combined.
- Combine cinnamon and 3 tbs sugar in separate small bowl.
- For each cookie, roll 1 level tsp dough into a ball. Roll ball in cinnamon mixture. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Press thumb in center of each ball to form a well. Spoon 1/2 tsp apple butter into center of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Let stand 1 minute before removing from sheet.