Recipe by smellyvegetarian
I'm not sure where I got this recipe, but I have been holding on to it on a scrap of paper for years! Time to commit it to electronic memory LOL!
Top Review by awalde
Intesting and yummy recipe!
I prepared my oat four pulsing oat flakes with the food processor.
I prepared the recipe as suggested, but I renounced to the flour to toss with the apples.
Healthy and soooo goood!
Thanks a lot! Done for PRMR.
- 532.32 ml whole wheat pastry flour, divided
- 236.59 ml oatmeal
- 9.85 ml vanilla, divided
- 118.29 ml sugar, divided (or other sweetener)
- 5 small apples, diced (peeling optional)
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 118.32 ml Smart Balance butter spread, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- In food processor, pulse 2 c flour, oatmeal, and 1/4 c sugar. Add cold butter spread and 1 t vanilla and pulse until mixture looks like granola, then pulse into a dough.
- Press mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake 12 minutes.
- Toss together apples, 1/4 c sugar, 1 t vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spread over cooled crust and bake about 40 minutes more.