Top Review by georgann schultz
Excellent, easy recipe. The beets were glossy and beautiful. There was a rich taste to the sauce with the butter. Very much like my grandmother made. Yummy!! I will make my beets like this from now on! The only difference from the instructions: I roasted my beets, cooled, peeled then sliced them. Oh, and be sure NOT to get your nose in the vinegar steam as you are stirring before adding the beets! *g* Thanks for the great recipe!
- 6 medium beets, cooked, peeled and sliced or 1 can beet, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beets in water to cover until tender.
- Cool under running water until touchable. Peel and slice. Mix together sugar, cornstarch, salt, vinegar and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add beets and simmer for 15 minutes.