Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Harumi is a famous Japanese TV chef and this is her recipe for garlic fried rice. We're garlic fiends in our house!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 15 ounces cooked rice, preferably Japanese
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- dried bonito flakes
- dried fried onions
- Chop the garlic up finely and cut the basil and mints leaves into thin strips.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the garlic, then add the rice and chicken stock powder/granules.
- Dribble the soy sauce down the inside of the wok and mix it in .
- Turn the heat off, add the chopped basil and mint leaves, stir quickly and serve with a sprinkling of bonito flakes, dried shallots and some freshly milled black pepper.
Very Good and Simple!! So happy I finally found a "stir fried rice" recipe that doesn't require millions of steps and is made with stuff I usually have on hand. I loved this recipe(although, I didn't add the mint leaves)! You could also add any cooked meats to it afterward. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag-