Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my brother Harry's recipe (except for the addition of the ginger) and it is great flavored marmalade for toast or glaze a chicken with it. Economical and very tasty.If you don't like ginger leave it out this how his original recipe was. Harry's a good cook so trust me this is a great spread.
- 1892.72 ml zucchini, peeled and shredded (or put through coarse disk on a Meat grinder)
- 1892.72 ml sugar
- 3 lemons
- 3 oranges
- 1 lime
- 1 large apprx 1 cup gingerroot, peeled, chopped into 1/4'"pieces ( use more or less ginger)
- 2 envelope gelatin
- Squeeze the juice from the fruit then shred the peels, remove the pith from peel before shredding Put all the ingredients, including juice into a large pot, sprinkle in the gelatin
- Bring to a boil and simmer for at least an hour.
- Ladle into sterilized pint jars.
- Seal, if not sealed water bath for 10 minutes.
This is so good. I halved the recipe with no problem.I was hesitant to use gelatin so I used powdered pectin instead. And I peeled only half of the zucchinis. This marmalade has such a lovely ginger flavor mingled with the citrus. I really like this recipe. Thank Harry for me, Bergy!