1/5 Photos of Harry's Whole Grain No Knead Dutch Oven Bread
14 hrs 45 mins
CIA Trained Chef's Note:
A easy bread recipe that anyone can make. This bread has a very nice crust, and is perfect for sandwiches. Definitely my favorite bread recipe. Perfect first bread recipe. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the flours, and salt. Stir until well blended. The dough should be shaggy and sticky. Let rise overnight, at least 12-18 hours, for best results.
- 2Flour a work surface. Fold dough over itself once or twice. Place the dough, seam side down, on a floured kitchen towel. Cover with another floured kitchen towel.Let the dough rise at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- 3Preheat the oven 20 minutes before the dough is ready to 475 degrees. Put the dutch oven into the oven. When dough is ready, take out the dutch oven, and then using the kitchen towels, flip the dough into the pot, seam side up. Shake the pot if the dough loses it's shape.
- 4Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is turned golden brown. Cool on a wire rack, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harry's Whole Grain No Knead Dutch Oven Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 701.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g