Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my dad's recipe. Very easy to make. This meatloaf makes a gravy.
- 2 lbs meatloaf mixture (Ground beef, pork, veal, meatloaf mix)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans water (use soup cans)
- 2 slices bread, soaked in
- milk (or you can use bread crumbs if you like)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- preheat oven to 350.
- Squeeze out milk from bread.
- Mix all ingredients except 1 can of soup and 1/2 can of water and 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
- Form meatloaf.
- Put in baking dish.
- Pour last can of soup and 1/2 can of water on meatloaf.
- Sprinkle last 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 1/2- 2 hours.
I did cut this recipe in half (just the 2 of us, & a lot of other food around this past week) & that worked out well! Must say that your meatloaf is wonderfully tasty, what with the toppings that are included, & I'll be happy to make this one again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for the closing of Pick A Chef event]