This is my brother Harry's recipe and it is very good! You can freeze leftovers (if there are any). Don't feel limited to the seafood in this recipe - he often changes the contents. Allow about 4 lbs of fish/seafood for this recipe whatever you decide on. Serve with lots of crusty bread and perhaps a salad Use raw shrimp/prawns or they will be tough
- 1 lb cod fish fillet (or any othe firm white fish)
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 lb prawns or 1 lb shrimp
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby clams
- 2 (184 g) cans crab
- 1 (170 g) can salmon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- Saute garlic, onions and celery in the butter.
- Cut up the fillets of fish in 1 1/2" chunks.
- In a large pot combine the sauted mixture with tomatoes, clam nectar, water, basil, bayleaves and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish chunks, cook 5 minutes.
- Add clams, crab and salmon cook final 5 minutes.
- Add scallops,prawns, cook 5 minutes.