Recipe by Bergy
This is my brother Harry's recipe and it is very good! You can freeze leftovers (if there are any). Don't feel limited to the seafood in this recipe - he often changes the contents. Allow about 4 lbs of fish/seafood for this recipe whatever you decide on. Serve with lots of crusty bread and perhaps a salad Use raw shrimp/prawns or they will be tough
- 1 lb cod fish fillet (or any othe firm white fish)
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 lb prawns or 1 lb shrimp
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby clams
- 2 (184 g) cans crab
- 1 (170 g) can salmon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic, onions and celery in the butter.
- Cut up the fillets of fish in 1 1/2" chunks.
- In a large pot combine the sauted mixture with tomatoes, clam nectar, water, basil, bayleaves and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish chunks, cook 5 minutes.
- Add clams, crab and salmon cook final 5 minutes.
- Add scallops,prawns, cook 5 minutes.