Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my brother's recipe and he says it's really good! I don't know cause he hasn't made it for me--Hint Hint.
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (pecan or walnut or almonds or all three mixed)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream together sugar, vanilla and margarine.
- Add eggs and milk; beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly stir in the dry ingredients (do not overhandle).
- Grease a 9x9-inch pan and pour in half of the batter.
- Top with half of the nut mixture.
- Pour in remaining batter.
- Top with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake in 375°F for about 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
My family liked this cake and it made a nice breakfast cake. I made it for our Sunday breakfast and the kids had fun helping me make it and then eating it. My family isn't as crazy for nuts in their cakes and that was the only complaint, but that was a personal thing. I thought the nuts were good. What do they know? Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will make it again in the future. (a boring nutless one for my husband and children and then the good nut filled kind for me!!!)
mmm... very tasty.. loved this... nice and moist... this didn't last long!! ;)
This coffee cake was easy and tastes great. My topping was not crumbly because it kind of baked into the cake, but the taste was great nonetheless. I will definitely make it again.