Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Hogwarts Special. Recipe posted by request.
- 1 (18 ounce) packageof pre-made cookie dough (like Pillsbury)
- 1 (28 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- cut cookie dough into 12 equal pieces and press into the cups of a muffin tin making sure to go up the sides.
- Fill with pumpkin pie filling-most likely you will have extra should you wish to make more.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and pie spice.
I put these out at a gathering and came home with almost a full plate. The filling needs a little something something, but I don't know what it is yet. I will try these again and see if any changes help.
Made for an upcoming Harry Potter party! DD loved them. I used pie crust dough to reduce the sugar. Allysundrop, I don't think it was your choc chip dough that cause them not to set up. On the can of pumpkin pie mix is a recipe for pie. Follow that next time. The eggs in the recipe will help set the pumpkin up like a custard. There will be leftovers however. I used mine in and an extra pie crust to make a thin tart. Everyone loved that!
I baked at a lower temp so I could cook them longer. Plus I added eggs and condensed milk to the can of pumpkin pie, per the can directions (2 eggs & 2/3 cup to 30 oz filling) which yielded a bit more. Cut the cookie dough no more than about a centimeter thick, roll flat, then press in, but not over the top so they won't burn after they rise up and out. No spice was needed, did sugar the tops though! Yummy.