Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Hogwarts Special! Recipe posted by request.
- 8 tablespoons white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (4 T's)
- red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, about
- 3 tablespoons honey, about
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugar, juice and corn syrup.
- Stir over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Sprinkle in gelatin and cook, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in 2-3 drops food coloring.
- Pour mixture into a bread pan coated with cooking oil or spray.
- Let stand at room temperature until very firm, around 2 hours.
- Place pan in a larger pan with 1 inch hot water to help loosen if needed.
- Place on a clean work surface sprinkled with confectioner's sugar.
- With a sharp knife cut the jelly into slug shapes.
- Place"slugs" on a platter lined with wax paper.
- Store in a cool dry place-NOT the fridge.
- Just before serving brush with honey to get that sticky slug-gag-texture!