Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A Hogwart's Special! Recipe posted by request. Prep time does NOT include freezing time.
Make and share this Harry Potter's Butterbeer recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 quart apple cider
- In a medium bowl cream together the ice cream, butter, sugar and spices.
- Re-freeze mixture.
- In a medium pot heat apple cider to just Hot.
- Place 6 tall or 12 short glasses on counter.
- Scoop equal amounts of ice cream mixture into each glass.
- Pour hot cider on top and serve with spoons for stirring.
Sweet! Seriously. This recipe is soooo sweet (as in taste). Nonetheless, it tastes good!
i luv harry potter
This was fun! I doubled the recipe, and now I have way too much mix leftover. Both the ice cream and the butter need to be very soft to not get lumps. Most people found it way too sweet, and no one went back for seconds. I could only find mulled apple cider, and that is what I used. I thing it would have tasted nicer with sparkling cider as someone mentioned. I had butterscotch chips and butterscotch liquor for those who wanted to add something extra. This was a neat idea, but I don't think I'd make it again.