Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Are you a Harry Potter fan? Try this sweet and cold beverage with a big bowl of kettle corn the next time you sit down to watch his Hogwarts antics.
Top Review by Mark & Stacy
Very similar to what is served at Universal. We did it twice, once with regular cream soda and once with diet. The regular cream soda made for a richer, sweeter drink, like at the park. But the kids couldn't finish it. They actually liked the diet better. They didn't have to sip that ? I made a double batch because we are a family of 6. The leftovers were fantastic in coffee, as suggested by another reviewer.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 4 (12 ounce) bottles cream soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a gentle boil and cook stirring often until reads 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 cup of heavy cream; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once it is cool, stir in the extract.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream; beat with an electric mixer 2 or 3 minutes until just thickened but not completely whipped.
- To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup each).
- Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, stirring to combine.
- Fill each glass nearly to the top with the additional soda.
- Spoon whipped topping over each.