Recipe by Casey Brown-Myers
This is one the best soups that you will ever put your lips on! This makes a great meal served along with a hardy home-made bread. There are only a few locations in the Great State of Texas that you can enjoy this in person.
Top Review by Jason 122714
Good recipe. I used 1/2 cup of Prime Rib fat + butter as a roux base before adding all the other ingredients. I diced some onions into the roux with a T of garlic and think these amendments make the soup better. Good luck finding Bovril, I used 2 cups of beef bouillon too for flavor. I also recommend cooking the left over bones in the soup while preparing then pull them out before serving.
- 4 cups water
- 8 teaspoons bovril powder
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups chopped prime rib roast
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook prime rib roast to desired doneness.
- Pour any drippings into saucepan. Add water and Bovril. Heat.
- Add sour cream and chopped prime rib roast and mushrooms. Heat**SLOWLY**. Do not boil. Serve and enjoy!
- Bovril is British; It's a beef extract that can be used in recipes such as the one above or spread on toast or used to make a "beef tea".