Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from the archives of Pioneer Lodge, a Senior's residence. It takes about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours to bake. Excellent, easy recipe.
- 2 -4 chicken breasts (or other parts)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- salt & pepper
- water (if necessary)
- Place chicken breasts in an oven proof casserole.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours until tender.
- Uncover for the last 15 minutes to brown.
I forgot to review this recipe!! It got 6 thumbs up at our table which were all the thumbs that were there. I was a bit hesitant with using the onion soup mix because often I don't like it. I decided to follow the recipe as written, except that I did not add salt, and glad that I did. The chicken was tender and the gravy was delicious. I will be making this one again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This recipe was really good. I dont suggest suing a whole package of Onion Soup Mix due to past experiences w/the salt content. I only used 3 big table spoons of sourcream, added a small can of mushrooms, and added about a cup of water as the mixture was thick. I served it over rice. But overall the recipe was good I will make it again. Thanks 4 sharing!
Yummmm....Just made this and it is EASY and tastes GREAT. The only thing I did differently was to use Cream of Chicken instead of Cream of Mushroom Soup as my kids won't eat mushrooms. I think it would taste better (if that is possible) with the mushroom soup....Delicious anyway. Thanks Pioneer for a great new recipe to add to my collection of easy standards.