Recipe by Biriani Jaketoad
This started out as a recipe by Phil Vickery from Ready Steady Cook on the BBC. I added a spare zucchini I had in the fridge and it tasted good.
- 200 g mixed seafood (shelled mussels, peeled king prawns, squid rings etc...)
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 g butter
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pinch saffron, soaked in
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 250 g dry pasta, such as fusilli, cooked according to the packet instructions
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add one tbsp of olive oil and half the butter to a large frying pan and very gently cook the sliced Zucchini for 3 or 4 minutes each side taking care that it doesn't burn, although a little light browning is good.
- Meanwhile, put the rest of the oil and butter in a non-stick saucepan and gently cook the chopped Scallions for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the chopped Garlic and cook for another minute (don't forget to turn the Zucchini when needed).
- Add the Seafood, the freshly ground Black Pepper, and the Saffron, together with it's soaking liquid, and continue cooking for a further 2-3 minutes until the seafood is cooked through.
- Stir in the hot, cooked, Pasta and mix well, turning the mixture with a wooden spoon to give the Pasta a good coating.
- To serve, arrange the Zucchini on warmed serving dishes, carefully place the Seafood Pasta on top, and sprinkle over the grated Parmesan.