Recipe by Belinda in Austin, TX
My friend, Harold, always brings this to every gathering, because it's always requested, and it's always a hit...I guess I should call it "Always Brie!" :-) Enjoy!
- 15 ounces mini brie round
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toast the pecans in butter, in a small skillet.
- Remove the rind from the top of the cheese wheel, cutting to within 1/2 inch of the edges; place in a pie pan, or other oven safe dish.
- Combine pecans, Kahlua, vanilla, and brown sugar; spread over top of cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until soft.
- If not serving immediately, cover Brie with foil, and wrap the whole dish in a towel to transport.
- Serve with gingersnaps, apple slices, etc.