Recipe by Kim127
I found this recipe in a cookbook fromt the Junior League of Portland. I haven't made it yet but it looks awesome. I wanted to make sure I saved it.
- 12 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 12 slices gruyere cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper and pound lightly to flatten.
- Place on each flattened breast a slice of prosciutto and a slice of Gruyere cheese.
- Roll up lenghtwise and close with toothpicks.
- Mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and tarragon.
- Dip chicken rolls in flour, shaking off excess and then dip in beaten egg.
- Next roll chicken breasts in bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet melt butter and brown all sides of the chicken rolls.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Mix chicken stock and sherry and pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered for about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken rolls and keep warm.
- Drain juices into a scaucepan and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and blend into saucepan, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Spoon over chicken and serve.