1/3 Photos of Harmony Chicken
I found this recipe in a cookbook fromt the Junior League of Portland. I haven't made it yet but it looks awesome. I wanted to make sure I saved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 12 slices gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper and pound lightly to flatten.
- 3Place on each flattened breast a slice of prosciutto and a slice of Gruyere cheese.
- 4Roll up lenghtwise and close with toothpicks.
- 5Mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and tarragon.
- 6Dip chicken rolls in flour, shaking off excess and then dip in beaten egg.
- 7Next roll chicken breasts in bread crumb mixture.
- 8In a large skillet melt butter and brown all sides of the chicken rolls.
- 9Transfer to a baking dish.
- 10Mix chicken stock and sherry and pour over chicken.
- 11Bake, uncovered for about 30-40 minutes.
- 12Remove chicken rolls and keep warm.
- 13Drain juices into a scaucepan and bring to a boil.
- 14Dissolve cornstarch in water and blend into saucepan, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 15Spoon over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harmony Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.6
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 205.3 mg
- Sodium 419.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 50.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: