Recipe by Sandylee
This is an excellent dip that I received in the pamphlet that came with my slow cooker.
Top Review by penny smiles
This dip is great!! I had it at a party years ago and never got the recipe--just knew what some of the ingredients were. This make a huge amount which makes it great for a party. The only change I made was to add an extra lb. of sausage--we like it extra meaty. Thanks for posting this!!
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, cleaned & chopped in large pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 14 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 16 ounces thick & chunky salsa, Pace Brand
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown in Skillet: sausage, onions, mushrooms and Jalapeno pepper.
- Drain off any fat and put mixture into a slow cooker.
- Add: Rotel tomatoes, salsa, soup, and cheese.
- Cook on low, stir occaisionally.
- Cheese will melt into the mixture.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips and/or fresh vegetables.