Recipe by Barb R
Harissa is a spice mix used in the Middle East and Africa as a condiment, a grilling sauce, and it's often an ingredient in other dishes. There are many variations to this recipe, but this is a fairly typical one.
- 12 dried hot red chili peppers
- 1 large garlic clove (or 2-3 small ones)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the seeds from the chili peppers and soak the pepper in water for 1/2 to rehydrate. Heat cumin, caraway and coriander seeds over low heat for one minute. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- From Margarita's International Recipes.