Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really spicy sauce the goes with lots of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern foods.
Make and share this Harissa Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a blender or with a mortar and pestle grind the peppers finely.
- Add the garlic, spices, tomato and salt.
- Crush until well blended.
- Scrape the mixture into a jar, pour over just enough olive oil to cover, cover tightly and refrigerate until needed.
- Considering how hot the sauce is, this quantity should last for quite a while.
Excellent sauce, I used a good spoonful on some couscous and it really spiced up the dish. This has a perfect blend of flavors and just the right amount of heat, not to hot, but you know it's there. I plan to use the rest of it as a wet rub on some chicken the next time I grill.