Recipe by Pets'R'us
These are nice to serve with couscous, a salad or roasted vegetables or on a bun as a burger. Simple and quick to make. Harissa is a Moroccan spice paste, you might want to add it to taste.
Top Review by Bergy
This was such a treat, I couldn't find any Harissa and didn't have the ingredients to mix my own so I subbed Sambal Oelek. Harissa is based on Peri Peri and sambal oelek crushed chillies, Great flavored burger Thanks Pets' for posted a burger that will remain a favorite
- 1 lb good quality sausage meat
- 1 -2 tablespoon harissa, more if you want it spicier
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley (or a mix of coriander and parsley)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon slice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix the sausage meat with the all the other ingredients, except the olive oil.
- Shape into 8 patties, it might be sticky, flour your hands if it makes it easier.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook them for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- If you have to do this in batches, use half the oil for the first batch and keep the patties warm whilst you fry the others.