Recipe by Lene
The secret to char grilling lamb is to cook it over a high heat, searing in all the juices. Then just let it sit for a few minutes to relax, so that the meat becomes tender and wonderfully juicy. Its really not difficult and i guarantee that these delicious lamb pittas are well worth the effort.
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 350 g lamb fillets
- 4 pita breads
- 50 g fresh rocket
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- lemon wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the harissa paste, lemon juice, chopped mint and sea salt. Add the lamb fillets, turning to coat in the mixture, and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes or so.
- Heat a griddle pan for 2-3 minutes until hot. Add the lamb fillets and cook for 8 -12 minutes until well browned but still a little pink in the centre; remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes to tenderize the meat. Warm the pittas in the same pan.
- Cut the pittas in half and fill each pocket with the rocket.
- Diagonally slice the lamb into 1 cm thick slices and pack into the pittas. Top with a dallop of hummus and serve warm with lemon wedges for squeezing over.