Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This couscous makes a delicious accompaniment to lamb tagine and any other Moroccan style spicy dish. If you halve the recipe, it will feed 3-4 people very generously. From BBC Good Food.
- 14 ounces couscous
- 6 -8 scallions, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons mint, roughly chopped
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock, hot
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- Tip couscous into a heatproof bowl. Add scallions, mint and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour over hot vegetable stock mixed with harissa. Stir and cover with a plate. Leave for 5 mins, then pour over olive oil and lemon juice and stir through.
Very good couscous. Lemon cut through the heat of the harissa and mint helped cool it down too. Made for ZWT6.
Talk about a nice combination of hot and cool. I think the mint and the harissa balanced each other very well, although I do have to admit to adding a bit more of each. I think the lemon worked out very well also, but I wish there was a bit more of it too.