Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A middle-eastern flavoured lamb burger recipe.
Make and share this Harissa Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- hamburger bun
- Place meat in large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with harissa, fennel, garlic, coriander, cumin and cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper. Mix quickly by hand. Divide into 4 portions. Form each into large patty, making thinner at centres and thicker at edges. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Barbecue directly over medium-high heat on lightly oiled grill, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Alternately, cook in large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Place burgers in buns.
Very nice change from beef or turkey burgers. Lots of flavor with a bite! Really liked the fennel seeds. I topped them with Yoghurt and Cucumber Dressing to balance the spiciness. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.