Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipes4us.co.uk Tunisia ZWT9
- 4 ounces hot red chilies, deseeded
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- extra olive oil
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a jar then pour enough extra olive oil to create a ‘sealing’ layer.
- Whenever you use some of the paste from the jar, remember to top up again with olive oil making sure no paste is exposed to air. This helps preserve the paste for longer.
This is a very good Harissa and whats not to love about 10 mins time to make! The initial taste test was most pleasing and I'm looking forward to cooking with it very soon. :D
I enjoyed using this on a potato salad dish. It gave a distinctive flavor to the potatoes. It has my imagination running wild, I cannot wait to experiment with it with other dishes,