- 250 g small fresh chili peppers or 250 g dried small red chilies
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 4 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 4 teaspoons dried coriander
- 4 teaspoons dried mint
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 65 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems and seeds from chillies-if using dried chillies, soak in water for 1 hour.
- Process the chillies with garlic, seeds and herbs until finely chopped.
- With motor running, gradually add the oil to form a thick paste.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge-covering with a new thin layer of oil after every use, or freeze, covered, in ice-cube containers for later use.