- 4 (115 g) ounces dried chilies, soaked overnight
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground caraway
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rock salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the chilies for 2 minutes in a little water and soak for 1 hour.
- Blend with all the remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Pass through a sieve to remove any lurking chili seeds.
- Put in a sterilised glass jar, dribble extra olive oil over the surface to create an airtight seal.