1/2 Photos of Haricots Verts With Toasted Walnuts and Chevre
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT5. From Fine Cooking magazine, June/July 2009. I can't wait to try this! More goat cheese may be added, if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- kosher salt, for well-salted water (1 Tbsp per quart)
- 3/4 lb French haricots vert or 3/4 lb green beans or 3/4 lb yellow beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese (2/3 cup) or 2 ounces chevre cheese, crumbled (2/3 cup)
- 1Bring a medium pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- 2Cook the beans in the water until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- 3Drain and run under cold water to cool. Drain well.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until they begin to brown, about 30 seconds.
- 6Stir in the walnuts.
- 7Add the walnut oil and the beans and cook, stirring to heat through, 2-3 minutes.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer the beans to a serving dish.
- 9Sprinkle the boat cheese over the top and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Haricots Verts With Toasted Walnuts and Chevre
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 79.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g