Recipe by Abby Girl
I found this recipe in the recent Cooking Light magazine. The pancetta and shallots give a wonderful taste to the haricots verts. Top it off with a nice shaking of salt and pepper.
- 1⁄2 cup pancetta (about 2 ounces, minced)
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb French haricots vert, trimmed and sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add pancetta and shallots to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp and shallots are tender and lightly browned.
- Add broth and vinegar to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add beans to pan, tossing to coat.
- Cover and cook 7 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in salt.
- Note: Use caution towards the end of the cooking time as it could burn quite easily.