Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sauteed pretty haricots verts combined with lemon and shallots are a great side dish any night of the week. We paired this dish with broiled veal chops topped with Stilton and Creamy and Simple Mashed Potatoes. Simply wonderful!
- 1 lb French haricots vert, cleaned
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and sautee the shallots and green beans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shake the pan occasionally so the beans do not burn.
- When done to your taste, about 10 minutes for us, squeeze a couple TBS of lemon juice over the beans and toss with the zest.
I used only about a tablespoon of olive oil and that was plenty. I then added some water to the pan and cooked until they were done. It was nice and simple. I sauted them on medium and then turned it down a bit when I added the water. Yum.
This was a lovely fresh side dish to accompany our Easter dinner. The lemon juice flavor was a nice surprise. I used the haricots buerre (butter/yellow beans) and they were so pretty, too.
Wonderful and fresh!! I really like vegetables with the freshness of lemon and these are great!!! I served these with Chicken Cordon Bleu and the French dinner was divine!!! Thanks for the recipe!!