Recipe by Hey Jude
This dish looks impressive but it's very easy to prepare, so it's great for a dinner party! This is a great recipe for those of you who grow your own tomatoes and green beans. It makes more dressing than you'll need for the tomato/green bean combo....I use the extra dressing the next night on our salad.
Top Review by Simply Chris
Very tasty. I only made 2 tomatoes but made the full amount of dressing, it was great on salad the next day. So easy, yet looks great. I think I'll take this to the next potluck we go to. Thanks for posting! Reviewed for Zaar Tag 2005
- 4 plum tomatoes or 4 Italian tomatoes
- 48 French haricots vert or 48 very thin green beans
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice off the top and bottom of each tomato; remove the pulp with a spoon to create hollow cylinders, set aside.
- Trim the stem ends of the green beans.
- Steam the beans in a saucepan for 3-5 minutes or just until tender; do not overcook!
- Place 12 green beans, or as many as will fit, in each tomato; arrange the tomatoes on a serving dish.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl or blender container; whisk or process until smooth.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette over each tomato.