Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe courtesy of Rachel Ray!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs French haricots vert, trimmed (thin green beans)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Bring 2 inches water to a boil in a large skillet. Salt water once when it comes to a boil.
- Blanch haricots verts in boiling water 2 minutes, drain and cool. Pat beans dry on paper towels.
- Dry skillet as well and return to heat. Heat pan over high flame and add oil to coat the bottom of pan.
- Add beans to hot oil and stir fry using tongs to move and toss the beans until they are charred and very hot (3-4 minutes).
- Sprinkle beans with sesame seeds and cook 30 seconds more, to both toast the seeds and distribute them.
- Pile fried beans onto a serving plate and sprinkle with salt, to your taste.