Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Put all your spare veggies together for a party in your mouth!
Make and share this Hardy Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 white pearl onions (chopped) or 1⁄2 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (12 ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 dash sriracha sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a fairly big pot, heat 1 tbs. olive oil on medium. When hot, add onion. Cook until slightly clear, add chili pepper and garlic, stir for 1/2 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add veggies and cook to desired tenderness (I like mine still crisp).
- Add tomato paste and can and a half of water. stir to even consistency.
- Stir in beans.
- Add spices, the rest of the olive oil, and more or less rooster sauce to desired spiciness.
- Pour atop your favorite spaghetti!