This is for my DH for the wood he hauls and the outside work, and for starting my car on freezing mornings. It is a fast and simple soup to warm the cockels in a hurry. This isn't a soup you slave over, it really is a quik soup to warm anyone up on a blustery day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts chicken broth (I use homemade but canned will do just fine)
- 2 carrots, sliced thin discs
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/8ths
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into pieces (can buy deli chicken in a 1/2 lb chunk and cube, or 6 oz.can of chicken meat)
- 8 ounces corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 lb egg noodles (optonal) or 1/4 lb pasta, of choice (optonal)
- 1slice up carrots and celery put into pot.
- 2add in chicken broth, bring to rolling boil for 5 minute.
- 3add in remaining ingredients.
- 4simmer on stove while DH works hard.
- 5note: if adding noodles, add in last 10 min of simmer to cook al dente).
- 6*** I usually cook my pasta seperate so it does not mush in the soup for leftovers, but can be cooked in the pot with the soup.
- 7*** for a quicker version and I have done this- using canned mixed vegetables instead of fresh and add to broth and chicken, simmer til warmed.
- 8Serve with a crusty bread or a grilled chees sandwich and a hot toddy. :-).
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hardworking Man's Wife's Soup Made Simple
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 1065.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 16.6 g