Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Shiver me timbers! Here's an old pirate recipe for all you scurvy dogs. I don't recommend it.
- Mix together salt and flour.
- Add enough water to make a very stiff dough and flatten until dough is about half an inch thick.
- Cut dough into 4 inch circles (or use a cookie cutter to make life easier).
- Punch holes in the middle of each circle with a fork.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 2-3 hours.
- Try to eat.
Five stars for the real thing. I'm actually baking these to store in our earthquake survival kit - but the kids are enjoying munching on them.
LOL :) I wonder if this recipe is the same my great grandmother used to make us kids; she called 'em "Boards" and they were about that hard, but my sis and I enjoyed eating them. Iirc, we dunked them in milk.
Avast! I'd be lookin' a long while for ye recipe. I'll be servin' them up to me partner tonight. Thank ye!