When I lived in the mid-west, I use to get these biscuits as a morning breakfast on occasion....well, on more occasions than I should have. I loved the warm tender biscuits with cinnamon swirlled in it and the sweet icing melting down. Having moved to California 12 years ago, I have really missed these as there are no Hardee's out here. I've found a copy cat recipe for it and I'm on cloud 9!! The person who posted this on another site said she use to work at Hardee's so this is the real-deal ! I can't wait to make these for my husband and kids!
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Blend in shortening with a fork until mixture is fine.
- Add milk and stir until just mixed. Add raisins and mix.
- Add cinnamon and mix until swirled through batter. Do not mix batter any more than you have to.
- Scrape batter onto well floured surface. Flour top and pat down with hands until 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut with 2-inch cutter and place on greased baking pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Frost with powdered sugar glaze icing.